Review and evaluate the organization’s internal controls, processes, policies and mechanisms to ensure that they are adequate, effective and in compliance with Group/company policies and procedures. The Auditor is expected to assist Internal Audit in Achievement of department objectives through planned internal audit reviews and ad hoc assignments.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Key Task include but are not limited to the following.
- Perform Financial, Operational, Store and compliance audits and ad hoc assignments.
- Develop and enhance sector based knowledge.
- Preparation of system notes for process under review using narratives and/or flow charts and assist in identification of key risks and controls in place to mitigate such risk.
- Assist in the development of risk-based audit programs.
- Assist in the development of detailed audit work papers incorporating test schedules to ensure that the audit objectives are met.
- Completion of audit steps/ tests assigned to self within agreed time budgets. Keeping the in-charge/Manager informed of progress for any project time extension.
- Ensure that all work papers are prepared and adequate, clear and relevant evidence obtained to sufficiently support the audit conclusion. All work papers should have properly referenced.
- Gather data for internal audit through a variety of methods including interviews, financial research, downloads, analysis, etc.
- Based on evidence gathered and testing performed conclude clearly on each step assigned bearing in mind that the internal controls being tested are suitable, efficient and effective and the audit objective has been met.
- Responsible for discussing and validating any audit exceptions/ weakness/ concerns highlighted during review with client, identifying related risks, recommend corrective action/improvements and document relevant Management responses.
- Quantify where possible the value of impact and incorporate them in the exception, ensure that proper appendix is maintained for all noted exceptions.
- Assess, where applicable, compliance with the International Accounting Standards (IAS), Regulatory requirements, Company Policies & Procedures and DoA etc.
- Contribute to the identification of key risks and controls during each audit project and evaluate and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of the entity internal controls.
Minimum Academic /Professional Qualifications / Minimum Business Experience
- Should possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- 5-8 years of experience in Internal Audit within Retail Industry.
- Thorough understanding of both Internal Audit and Accounting Standards.
- Ability to appreciate the required operating standards of a range of the Groups business operations.
- Understand a range of Computerized Information Systems sued in operation divisions.
- Expert understating of MS Tools like excel, PowerPoint, Word Etc.
- Thorough understanding of IIA Standards.
- Maintain independence (in substance and form) from operational decisions.
- Strong analytical. Written / Verbal communication, interpersonal. And relationship building skills.
- Maintain good relationships with the client Management.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Should have a valid UAE driving license.